RSS

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Here fishy fishy fishy!

I've been working on a fish pendant the last few days. Its a good size piece and the design is definitely presenting me with a few challenges. It's two different parts put together (one part fish, one part bubbles) and the middle support is what's so challenging. I've tried a few different things with it so far, and the most promising was using wire on the inside to support it...except I had a mishap with the wire and now the piece is fired. Oops! So now it's back to the drawing board! I was thinking about trying out enameling for the first time on the piece as well, if everything works out.

I've gotten a few earring components fired too, and I can't wait to put them together!

So here's my question for the day. How often do you run into challenges with what you make? How do you prefer to solve them? :)

2 comments:

Becka said...

I want to see the fishy (even if it is back to the drawing board).

I have a pile of disaster enamels on my workbench. They just hang out there because they are good for color reference as well as a reminder of "don't try that again." The sewing challenges I usually try to finish and then donate to goodwill. Usually they are perfectly functional, just not what I intended and they bother me if they stick around to mock me. Every piece is a challenge - some are fun and some aren't.

Kelly York said...

Those are good ideas! I love that you donate your sewing to goodwill! I know what you mean about the pieces mocking you...I set the fish aside for a while to take a break from it, but every time I go back to my desk to work on something it's just sitting there teasing me!