RSS

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Too excited.

So my birthday is coming up in a few weeks. My husband and I are not very good at keeping presents for any occasion secret for long. Naturally, the last week or so my husband had been throwing hints and jokes my way about what he had gotten me. I was banned from checking my e-mail for an excruciating few days so that I would not see what it was. I was told I would have to make room on my insanely messy desk for my present. What I never anticipated is that the room I would have to make...is basically all of my desk.

He finally caved in the other day and just had to tell me what his super present was. And yes...he really outdid himself and got the ultimate gift. It's practically a whole studio. I usually torch fire my PMC with the exception of being able to use a kiln at classes for my projects there. He got me a kiln, enamelling supplies, a lot of different tools, a tumbler kit, silver clay, and bronze clay with its firing materials, and other misc. things. He told me this was a pre-birthday (oh boy) present, and it arrives tomorrow. I'm as giddy as a kid at Christmas!!

Don't I have the greatest hubby in the world? I've been amazed at how much research he put into my gift. He looked at my PMC books, asked questions, read sites and put a lot of work into finding the right things. It's a wonderful gift, and seriously thoughtful. And he's just as enthusiastic. Thanks baby ;) The only rule that I have to my new gift, is that he is allowed to use one PMC paper strip to make a PMC paper airplane. It's so cute, he has been practicing his airplane folding techniques so that he can make a good one. I told him he can't fly it though. It'll probably go flying into the wall and stick like a dart...or poke an eye out.

I am thinking of going plant picking tomorrow to find some leaves and buds to make things out of with the PMC paste. I'll be that crazy girl walking down the street cackling giddily, picking at bushes and gathering things out of the garden on my deck. I wonder how crazy people will think I am?

0 comments: