RSS

Friday, July 10, 2009

More Copper!

I've been busy making more copper pieces to fire. My poor leaf ring has had way too much damage to salvage. I'm glad the little wyvern coins turned out at least!

So here's a picture of my next round of greenware, which I will fire tomorrow. I think I am going to give Hadar's firing time a try this round. The last time I fired the copper I had used the time recommended from the pamphlet that comes with the clay.


About the pieces:
The top two were created from using Dynasty Stamps. The cross was originally flat. The design itself had been completely dried, and I had added another layer to the bottom of it to make it thicker. I went out to a quick lunch and came home to a cross that had curled upwards! I loved the way it warped though, it gives it more depth. The rest of my pendants after that though were weighed down with my thickness plates to keep them from warping as they dried.

The second row has another ring to try firing without leaves. The third pendant in the row is one of those sandwich pendants (is there a name for them? My hubby called it a 'sandwich' so sammich it is!). I used a leaf I picked as the imprint.

I am not fond of the first pendant in the third row...it's a hideous mess! I wanted to try out my new pillow and bail templates, and I just threw together something I could try them with while being able to test the clay. I made a mold from a sliced shell a while back, and that's what that 'peace sign' looking thing is in the corner. We'll see how it looks fired...lol...

The last two are favorites. I recently got Hadar's clay books, and I wanted to give one of the project a try, so the patchwork one is my attempt. The last pendant in the third row is from a floral texture sheet.

---------


I didn't want to go overboard with how long it took to make things this time in case I had another fail. The surprise for me is that I actually found that by doing that, I challenged myself more...I tried things I normally wouldn't (and probably shouldn't again! lol).

0 comments: