RSS

Friday, September 11, 2009

Pleasanton Highland Games

On Saturday my husband and I went to the Pleasanton Highland Games. We went the year before and had a blast, and this year had been fun as well. There's so much to do and see. We spent the day wandering around watching the different sports and competitions, as well as listening to music; and of course...I did some shopping!

Here's a picture of one of the competitors tossing the caber:


This year the Scots Guard came out. They did a performance with the Marines and Isla St Clair. It was neat to see the bands side by side:
One of my favorite events is the Sheep Dog competition. Showing off what the doggies do best...herding sheep! I love this picture from last year, it looks like puppy love!

Afterwards, we attended the Ceilidh Barbecue and enjoyed an evening of music. One of the Scot Guards danced for the crowd...sadly the picture turned out blurry.


As for shopping; I got more vintage buttons to make molds from, and a lovely custom bracelet from Angus Mac Knot. I'll have to post a picture of it later.

And now for some metal clay! I decided to make a jewelry set to wear for the occasion. Here's my Scottish Thistle set. It's made from bronze and copper, and the earrings have a small lavender CZ in them. The chain is silver toned, and the ear wires are niobium.


You can expect to see an Irish version with shamrocks soon...I'm thinking of an olivine CZ instead of a lavender one. What do you think about that? :)

2 comments:

Fabi said...

¡¡¡¡Atractivos!!!Te ha salido muy bonita el relieve, los colores son agradables, suaves. Perfectos.
Besitos

Jennie said...

You made these?! Wow! They are so lovely!
I really enjoyed your highland games photos! My husband and I have always wanted to go to the Highland games over here in the US but never have. We have, however, attended them in Scotland! We are members of the Robertson clan! Our wedding was in Scotland. So beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!